Adult Faith Formation
Ongoing Faith Formation is for all Baptized Adults. We have many offerings planned in the coming year to help your continued growth in your Catholic Faith, as well as some social activities to deepen your roots in the Community.
Momnipotent: A Study to Help Moms Find Peace, Balance, and Joy
Our Lady of Mount Carmel Catholic Church invites moms of all ages to attend an awesome eight-week study on the vocation of
motherhood, facilitated by moms in the parish. The video study features a group of well-known Catholic speakers and writers
talking about their own challenges in embracing both the beauty and monotony of life as a Catholic mother. The sessions begin on
Wednesday, January 18, and will be held in the Gathering Room. We will meet from 9:30am to 11:30am, and a nursery is available. If
you will be bringing a child to the nursery, please be sure they are registered for
KidCheck: Secure Children's Check-in. There is no fee to participate, but an optional journal and study guide are available
If you have any questions, please contact Christa at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (757) 595-0385, ext. 107.
Register here today!
Bishop Robert Barron’s CATHOLICISM: The Pivotal Players showcases a handful of saints, artists, mystics, and scholars who not only shaped the life of the Church but changed the course of western civilization.
- St. Francis of Assisi, the Reformer, radically and literally lived as Jesus commanded to transform the Church.
- St. Thomas Aquinas, the Theologian, demonstrated that faith and reason at not at odds, as they come from the same source.
- St. Catherine of Siena, the Mystic, gave testimony to the reality of the spiritual dimension here and beyond.
- Blessed John Henry Newman, the Convert, left a prestigious career to seek and preach the apostolic faith.
- G.K. Chesterton, the Evangelist, publicly, humbly, and humorously announced the paradoxes and truth of Christianity.
- Michelangelo, the Artist, dramatically demonstrated that beauty and creativity are a primary route of access to God.
Adult Sessions of "Gathered By Grace"
Our monthly Gathered By Grace meets during the school year following the 10:00 AM Mass. Come to St. Michael Hall for lunch and enjoy some refreshment through a program for adults. Register today on our Adult Gathered By Grace form.